HOME IS...CREATING OPPORTUNities
Since 1990, San Diego Housing Federation has been the collective voice of those who support, build, and finance affordable housing in the San Diego region. San Diego Housing Federation creates affordable housing opportunities for low-income people by expanding the knowledge, capacity, and influence of the affordable housing development community. In addition to our advocacy work, the SDHF offers professional training, networking opportunities, and provides resources for housing policy advocates.
We advocate for those with very low incomes who are most severely impacted by the absence of an adequate supply of affordable homes in the region.
We inform the public, media, and decision makers about the need for more safe, healthy and affordable homes in the region.
We expand the expertise of our members and others interested in learning about trends, best practices, and opportunities in affordable housing development.
We offer networking opportunities to enable members to make new, and strengthen, existing connections.
We provide information to members, policymakers, and the community about affordable housing trends and initiatives.
We build coalitions to enable us to act more effectively.
Working as a coalition of affordable housing developers, advocates, and other organizations, we promote the creation of quality affordable housing focused on lower income families and people in need.
San Diego Housing Federation values policies, programs and projects that demonstrate a commitment to a long-term and holistic approach to community development by:
- Serving households with lower incomes.
- Delivering permanent affordability.
- Building to the highest and most environmentally sustainable standards.
- Contributing to and improving upon the social and physical fabric of the surrounding community.
- Incorporating broader community development strategies.
- Demonstrating good stewardship of public resources and maximizing public benefit.
- Contributing to strategies for ending poverty.