Give back to the community.
SDHF is looking for volunteers for our 2018 Programs and Events. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Sarah with your contact information along with your availability for the below events.
May 3, 2018 - Ruby Awards
October 3 and 4, 2018 - Annual Affordable Housing & Community Development Conference and Pre-Conference Institutes
Gain valuable experience.
SDHF offers internship opportunities for energetic individuals to support our event planning, research, policy, and office administration work.
This is an unpaid internship. This position requires that the intern work at our office in North Park San Diego for 16-24 hours per week during normal business hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday). The intern will start as early as April 2, 2018. The exact schedule and the end date of this internship are negotiable.
The San Diego Housing Federation is a nonprofit membership organization that promotes the development of quality affordable homes and community development opportunities for people in need throughout San Diego county through advocacy, resident engagement, coalition-building, public education, and capacity-building within the affordable housing community.
Skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and initiative to complete tasks with varied amounts of direction from staff
- Ability to use various databases and online search tools to conduct research independently
- Good writing and editing skills
- A strong interest in event planning
Because the responsibilities of this intern are varied, applicable majors include a wide range such as: Nonprofit Management, Communications, Hospitality, Event Planning, Urban Planning, and Public Administration.
Examples of tasks needed include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and organize supplies for special events and meetings such as our Educational Roundtable Series or Resident Services Support Network
- Attend special events when possible to help with setup, guest check-in, breakdown
- Contact San Diego municipalities to collect data on their housing programs and organize the information
- Research local meeting spaces, gather details and organize the information into a simple database
- Assist in updating records such as event attendees, registration payments, and memberships
- Create physical files needed for fundraising records
Please review the above information and send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Buchanan, Director of Events and Membership: firstname.lastname@example.org